One of the reasons teens eagerly awaits adulthood is, you guessed it, freedom from acne! Let’s face it - Zits and blackheads (other names that acnes are ‘dis-affectionately’ called!) be really annoying for anybody be it teens or adults. Between dealing with acne scars and dealing with the stretch marks they leave behind, they tend to eat up lot of one’s confidence. People suffering from adult acne shy away from situations - be it canceling their meetings or dates because they are embarrassed to face people while dealing with acne.
What causes acne?
- Hormonal imbalance
Women tend to suffer from fluctuating hormones during:-
*Menopause, pre menopause, during pregnancy
*Discontinuing or starting birth control pills
These are one of the primary causes of acne.
- Dietary imbalance
Consuming a lot of junk and sugary food is not the only cause of acne. Eating an imbalanced diet, ignoring the nutrient value while having a meal and consuming lot of refined carbs can also trigger breakouts.
Stress is a big cause of acne. What it also does istrigger the already persisting issue and make it worse. So keeping yourself calm and stress free in any situation is important to keep the acne away.
4. Family history
Some people may have a genetical disposition for acne. People with parents, siblings or any close genetically related family member with acne have a higher chance of having the breakouts themselves.
5. Unknown medical condition
There could be a possibility that the underlying root cause is an undiagnosed disease. Once the disease is diagnosed and treated - the acne may start to disappear.
6. Side effects of a medication
Acne may get triggered as a form of side effect of a medicine that one is taking. So always take the advice of a doctor before starting any medication.
How do you treat an acne?
There are a few steps you may follow while treating acne:-
- Cleansing your face and removing oil and dirt from your face at least twice a day.
- Have a balanced diet that is rich in fibre and eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Increase your water intake as that would flush out the toxins.
- Use cosmetics that are non-comedogenic (don't clog pores) or non-acnegenic (don’t cause breakouts).
- Have adequate sleep of 8 hours everyday to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind and will help you curb stress.
- Take treatments that suit your problem. Skin clinics like Berkowits Hair & Skin Clinic offer a range of services that can help you curb the acne issue. Their panel of experts can examine your skin and suggest a suitable service.
You may book your appointment at 91-9999 6666 99 or Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.