Gone are the days, when bald men used to wear caps or hats to hide their shiny scalp. Now, there are various solutions available for each stage of hair loss or baldness, one of which is Hair Transplant.
Follicular Unit Extraction as Robotic Hair Transplant. Indisputably F.U.E (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the most recommended technique of hair transplant. Practitioners and technicians have succeeded in extracting grafts from donor areas like
Hence, F.U.E. has always been a tiring and tedious job for doctors and technicians due to the manual extraction of individual hair grafts as compared to FUT where a piece of scalp tissue is removed and hair grafts are extracted from it.
ROBOTIC HAIR TRANSPLANT – A breakthrough technology by the name of S.A.F.E.R.®
Robotic Hair Transplant is a significantly advanced technique that limits the human involvement in transplant surgery and adds to precision to the process. Also known as Robotic F.U.E., Robotic Hair Transplant implants extracted follicle through a calculated controlled pressure hand tool. The technology was introduced by a European company with its patented prototype device named as, S.A.F.E.R.® (Suction Assisted Follicular Extraction and Re-implantation). This device has also made its footprint in western markets like USA and Australia and is known as “NeoGraft®” there.
Operation of S.A.F.E.R.®/NeoGraft® device- How does it work
The S.A.F.E.R.®/NeoGraft® machine has got 2 distinguished functions; Extraction and Implantation. Let’s analyze the transplantation process.
- Shave the donor area – Leave 1mm length of hair
- Local anesthesia to the donor area
- Extraction of graft – Using contra angle (First Hand
- Retrieval and alignment of extracted grafts from graft chamber and check the quality of grafts
- Preparation of receptor area – Anesthesia Shots
- Reimplantation of grafts – Using 2nd
Advantages of Robotic Hair Transplant
Robotic Hair Transplant procedure has gained reputation across the globe due to:
- No human intervention and environmental contamination: The surgery under this technique is carried out in an intensive care unit. Moreover, the device is involved primarily from the very first moment. From harvesting till implanting, the robotic device restricts the involvement of humans to achieve maximum precision.
- Offer’s best graft yield rate due toautomated follicular unit extraction and calculated pressure implantation: The robotic hair transplant device uses a highly accurate suction tool to extract the follicles from the donor area and a pressure punch hand tool to implant the extracted folliclesin the receptor area. During this transit, the follicle is cautiously handled without disturbing the bulb (root), which guarantees the yield rate of 99%.
- Increases accuracy; Use of precise suction and rotator punch force for extraction of grafts leads to an increase in speed and hence decreases the fatigue of doctors and technicians that leads to fewer mistakes.
- Increased speed – Increase in number of grafts implantation and decrease in surgery time and patient discomfort.
- Decreased transaction (Damage) rate – The follicle bulb is remained untouched throughout the extraction process.
- No scarring
- Minimal bleeding – Superficial penetration of scalp makes bleeding absolutely minimal.
- Minimal post-operative care – One can resume day-to-day activities from the very next day.
- Allows several procedures without damaging the donor area
- It provides the possibility of short “a la carte” sessions.
Everyone who is planning to go for hair transplant should consider robotic Hair Transplant. Men and Women who have good donor area can be good candidates for this technique, however people with very frizzy or curly hair or people with very scarce donor area may not be good candidates for this hair transplant procedure.
It certainly reduces the risks associated with Hair Transplant by aiding humans. How cool would it be if there was no human involvement at all? It is not entirely a dream. The ARTAS robot looks promising, though it will only extract the hair follicles automatically.