A victim of marketing tactics, this method is not half as bad as some clinics project it to be. Even though it has certain limitations over FUE is does have its advantages as well. In this procedure, a strip of hair from the donor region is taken and the hair grafts are then dissected from it and implanted onto the thinning or balding area. Sutures are then used to close the donor area. The area takes several days to heal. This procedure is best for average to extreme balding cases since it allows several grafts to be transplanted in a single session. Even though it leaves a scar, one must understand that this scar will not be visible unless the person shaves his head.
The major disadvantage of this method is the poorer graft yield and a longer healing time while the major advantage is that it is much faster and cheaper than the Follicular Unit Extraction method of Hair Transplant.
- The donor area is first anaesthetized, and a strip of skin from the scalp area is taken.
- The ends are sutured simultaneously.
- After the strip of skin has been extracted, follicular hair grafts are extracted from it.
- The harvested follicular units are then dissected with great care under a microscope to avoid harming the hair follicles before transplantation.
- Once separated, these follicular units are preserved in a special saline solution at the correct temperature to maintain their health before the hair are transplanted to the recipient area.
- The surgeon then first prepares recipient sites on the patient’s scalp.
- The final step of the surgery is the follicular unit placement. An expert places the grafts one by one with due care and attention.
We suture the hair transplant scar in such a way that it will hardly be visible even if you were to shave your head. At Berkowits, you may find some hair growing out of the Hair Transplant scar as well! Which makes it even harder to notice!
Advantages of Follicular Unit Transplant In Follicular unit Transplantation these small units allow the surgeon to safely transplant thousands of grafts in a single session, which maximizes the cosmetic impact of the procedure. The advantage of this method is that, a large number of hair follicles can be transplanted in a single session .